You need the Xcode to develop iOS Apps. You can download it free from the Mac App Store. You need the Apple ID to download it.
Should I create the separate ID for developing apps ?
You can use usual Apple ID to download the Xcode from Mac App Store.
It is useful that use the different Apple ID to register the Apple Developer Program. There are some reason below:
- You can avoid from the bugs of beta program with iCloud.
- Name and postal address should be in English to avoid any trouble of multibyte characters.
How to create the Apple ID
You can create the Apple ID by follow these steps.
- Open the Apple Web Site. ( https://www.apple.com/ )
- Click the “Support” link.
- Click the “Apple ID” link.
- Click the “Go to your Apple ID account page” link.
- Click the “Create your Apple ID” link.
- Representative of RK Kaihatsu. I am a professional developer specializing in macOS Apps, iOS Apps, SDKs and middleware development. I often use ObjC, Swift and C++. Based on development experience, I provide e-learning contents, technical books and technical guidance. I am also a technical seminar instructor, in-house training instructor, and administrative / local goverment staff training instructor.